Saturday, February 25, 2012

Life with a Beast!!!

“All the emptiness of life was suddenly swapped with happy smiles when godmother knocked my door and placed an angel on my lap and since then, life was never ever the same.”



" She came packed, as a gift in a box."



When I opened the box I could feel a ‘life’ waiting to commit a lifetime to me. I felt her warm hands and feet and kissed her as soon as I held her. A splurge of motherly feeling aroused in me. Here she was the most beautiful among its kin, intertwined in her daunting eyes, she promised me happy times.




She was tiny, just a few days baby struggling to walk on the tiled, slippery floor. She was at my mercy for her survival and feeding. Many a times, I saved her from drowning in the same bowl from which she was drinking milk. As she grew up, she started getting accustomed to my world and me, with her world. We shared our differences, nobody around us ever understood what we spoke. How we were able to communicate the language which humans could ever invent. We were different, our vocals, our emotions were different. But here we shared love and love never needed a medium to be expressed, at least not in the sense of language.




She was never a nagger but was always a keen listener. She never complained about my whining and my discontentment towards the outside world. I still haven’t figured out her astounding capability in gauging and reciprocating the right kind of response to uncanny situations which could even outdo the counselor. Their species are the only ones left on this planet that can defy the myth about human recognition of emotions. I always knew that we both were a part of different world but still our love transcended human bonding. Life looked easier, much easier with my beast.




The beast was the best gift I could have asked from someone. I was 13 and a teenager. Life was seemingly uncontrollable and ever-devastating under depressed molehills. Withering trust among friends and after surviving the knife at my back by the so called     ‘friends’, I was under constant depression. Teenage lonely days were not considered best for personality building. She thought, I needed a friend so my conversations to my personal diary could get replaced. That’s  when my mother brought her into my life. The baby beast has ever since been the constant source of happiness even in times of breakdowns, trials and tribulations. All through my growing years where promises and conditional love of human being was breaking me apart. I found solace in mute  feelings which she transmitted; unending licks and wagging tails sometimes aided best in sailing turbulent and thudded shores. 





Some living being come into our lives and quietly go. Others like my little beast ‘SOFTY’ leave paw prints on our heart, and we are never ever the same again.


Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

4 comments:

  1. niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u !!! i am glad that you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, this is nice article on softy...such a cute ...missing .

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey purnima.... thank u dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete